SBI Online: Right after opening an account with State Bank of India, every SBI net banking user has this question – “What type of password should I use?” Now, State Bank of India has listed and suggested some good practices for creating a password. Here are those:-
– Select a word that is not available in an English Dictionary
– Do not assign your name, your family or vehicle number as your password because it can be easily guessed.
– Change your password frequently.
– Please commit your password to memory. Do not write it down or paste it somewhere.
– Do not divulge your password to anybody even if they claim to be from SBI.
Also, SBI net banking users always have this question – “Should I change user name and password that were sent to me by courier?”
SBI answers this – “Yes. It is mandatory for you to change the system generated user name and password when you first log in to OnlineSBI. Later at any point of time, you can change your password but not the user name.”
Log on to www.sbi.co.in for more details. Also, if you have any specific queries, call our toll free number 1800-112211